Review + Excerpt: Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins

by 10:48 PM 0 comments
Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark won the annual competition described in Hunger Games, but the aftermath leaves these victors with no sense of triumph. Instead, they have become the poster children for a rebellion that they never planned to lead. That new, unwanted status puts them in the bull's-eye for merciless revenge by The Capitol...


Overall Thoughts:
I WAS HOOKED! I was so obsessed with this book, it wasn't even funny!

Just when Katniss and Peeta think they're clear of the Hunger Games for the rest of their lives, it pulls them back in! Katniss also figures out that she may have indirectly started a revolution to overthrow the Capitol! And just when you think things couldn't get even more maddening, she was often conflicted by her feelings for both Gale and Peeta! Whew, what a life!

I was constantly stunned by how often this book threw me for a loop. I'd often guess at what would happen next, and would have to force myself to not read ahead. It was crazy how absorbed I was in this book. I couldn't put it down, and if I did, I was left thinking about when I could have it in my hands again! I finished it within a couple of days, but I will probably re-read it over and over again! 


Honestly, this series is so pure genius! I truly believe everyone would like it, and would be able to take something away from it. When I read about all the things Katniss has to go through; all the hardships; all trials and tribulations, that makes me stronger. I strive to be as physically and mentally capable as she is!

Things I disliked about this book: 
There was a HUGE cliffhanger at the end that made me want to have Mockingjay in my hands right when I finished!! But of course, I didn't have it and was left thinking about what could of been.  

Things I liked about this book:
How many times do I have to tell you?! It was absolutely perfect! I loved everything!

Verdict:
A-MAZ-ING! I'd give it 10 targets if possible, but... it's not going to happen.

The final *starts crying* book in the Hunger Games trilogy is Mockingjay. It's out right now, so go get it! I'm getting it soon hopefully because I don't know how long I will last with my Hunger Games withdrawal. It's a killer.



5 TARGETS!


Excerpt:

One night, as I'm walking Gale back into town, he even admits, "It'd be better if he were easier to hate."
"Tell me about it," I say. "If I could've just hated him in the arena, we all wouldn't be in this mess now. He'd be dead, and I'd be a happy little victor all by myself."
"And where would we be, Katniss?" asks Gale.
Page: 185


Carmen Shaw

Developer

Carmen N. Shaw is currently a biology major at Georgia State University. She is the owner and developer of the book blog, Understanding Carmen's Story.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, it makes me smile! So go on and make my day by commenting :)