Follow Friday #6

by 2:27 AM 9 comments
Feature & Follow is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read!






Q: What drove you to start book blogging in the first place?
Lonely... I am so lonely... I have nobody.... but my own! Lol just kidding! (No, I'm not) I started reading book blogs for about half a year before I even thought about starting my own. It just looked to be so much fun, and the whole entire community seemed so nice and supportive so I was like why not! And I've been depressed  happy ever since! None of my friends or family members really read the same books as me and would glare menacingly at me whenever I tried to tell them about a book I just read and loved so I figured my life span might be a bit longer if I stopped taunting them in that way and just blogged about it instead :)

Please leave me your links and I'll stop by!

Carmen Shaw

Developer

Carmen N. Shaw is currently a biology major at Georgia State University. She is the owner and developer of the book blog, Understanding Carmen's Story.

9 comments:

  1. Haha aww! That's funny about your family! You have a very cute blog though :)


    New Follower via RSS :)

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't talk about the books I read with my family either so I think that's one of the reasons I adore book blogging!
    Great answer! New GFC follower! Thanks so much for commenting on my post. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know right? None of my friends particularly like reading so I need other people to fangirl about hot male characters to :P

    thanks for stopping by my blog! new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have that problem with my family so much as with my friends. While my mom personally recommends books to me (she loves pretty much all books, from adult to YA to children's, though she can't stand anime/manga), my friend(s) insist I put down the book and talk to them. :)

    New follower, here's my FF:
    http://theinkymelody.blogspot.com/2012/07/ff-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice answer. I'm the only one who is an avid reader too.

    Thanks for stopping by and following. Returned the favor
    -- Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha.....love your answer!
    Have a great weekend. :)
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've met such great people here, yay! Thanks for sharing your story.

    New follower via GFC.

    Come see my new blog, Ensconced in YA!
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! Love your answer, Shae! *sings along with you... I am so LONELYYYYYYY I HAVE NOBODDDDDYYYY...* okay, enough of Akon hehe. Have a great weekend girly!

    Ana♥ Beach Bum Reads

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha I adored your answer xD. It's so true ! The book community is amazing, everyone is so kind and thoughtful, ah- I love everyone :D
    Anyways, I'm a new follower !
    Here is my FF :
    http://cheerfulreviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-follow.html
    Thanks (:

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, it makes me smile! So go on and make my day by commenting :)