Follow Friday #9

by 12:29 AM 10 comments

Feature & Follow is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read!




Q: Worst cover? What is the worst cover of a book that you've read and loved? 
I'm really terrible in the way that I judge a book by it's cover maybe 80-85% of the time. If the cover is sucky but the summary is amazing then I'll maybe give it a chance. If the cover is sucky and the summary is too cryptic then I probably won't. I know that's very terrible but I can't help it! With that being said, I do still read badly covered books from time to time because the summary and the reviews are just too good to pass up. I can only think of one book that I absolutely loved even with the not-so-attractive cover:

Poughkeepsie


When I first saw the cover, I thought, "Eh..." but the summary was so completely unique that I had to read it! Now that I have, I've grown to really like the cover because it summarizes what happens in the novel really well :) If you haven't read this book, I highly recommend it!

Leave you links in the comments section and I'll be sure to stop by and follow!

Carmen Shaw

Developer

Carmen N. Shaw is currently a biology major at Georgia State University. She is the owner and developer of the book blog, Understanding Carmen's Story.

10 comments:

  1. It is a plain cover. I might not look twice at it either.

    Happy Friday!

    My FF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an EH cover. Not really doing anything.

    New Follower Via Linky


    -Amanda P
    Paranormal Romance

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very plain cover thats for sure, I would've passed it up.

    Here's My FF!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace
    New Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's not much creativity :/ New Follower.

    Sydney @ Starry Storm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, great answer. It is a kind of weird cover but I agree with you-- I usually have to read the summary and look at other reviews before I pass judgment. Thanks for stopping by! Old follower.

    Christina @ Ensconced in YA

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, I agree about cryptic summaries and weird covers. LOL. And strange titles, too. I wouldn't pick that book up, if not for a very good review. :)

    I'm a new gfc follower, would you please follow back? :)
    http://notjustnonsense.blogspot.com/2012/08/ff-feature-and-follow-29.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, credits to you for reading the book anyway! I get really turned off by bad covers - most of the time I don't even read the synopsis!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I saw this I'm not so sure I'd pick it up! Maybe I'll have to read it since you highly recommend it!

    New follower via GFC.

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  9. I completely agree! I didn't pick this book up for a while because the cover turned me off but once I started reading I was surprised by how much I liked it. And you are right, once I realized how the cover ties in with the story, I appreciated it so much more. I actually really liked being able to see what the tattoo looked like.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, it makes me smile! So go on and make my day by commenting :)