Review + Excerpt: Evernight by Claudia Gray

by 12:17 AM 1 comments
Bianca wants to escape.
She's been uprooted from her small hometown and enrolled at Evernight Academy, an eerie Gothic boarding school where the students are somehow too perfect: smart, sleek, and almost predatory. Bianca knows she doesn't fit in.

Then she meets Lucas. He's not the "Evernight type" either, and he likes it that way. Lucas ignores the rules, stands up to the snobs, and warns Bianca to be careful—even when it comes to caring about him.

"I couldn't stand it if they took it out on you," he tells Bianca, "and eventually they would."

But the connection between Bianca and Lucas can't be denied. Bianca will risk anything to be with Lucas, but dark secrets are fated to tear them apart . . . and to make Bianca question everything she's ever believed.

Overall Thoughts:
It took me forever and a freaking day to finish this book.

Evernight is about 16 year old girl named Bianca Olivier. She has two loving parents who adore her, but also hide certain truths from her so that they can protect her. They all move to Evernight Academy, a boarding school for humans and vampires, unbeknownst to the humans. The parents become teachers, and Bianca attends as a student. There, she meets Lucas Ross, a human cutie with a thing for breaking the rules. Over time, Bianca and Lucas get to know each other and start to fall in love. What Lucas doesn't know about Bianca is that she's a natural-born vampire, who hasn't transformed into one yet, but will one day. And what Bianca doesn't know about Lucas is that he's not just any 'ole human, he's also a vampire hunter...

What I liked about this book:
I love how the plot reminds me of Romeo and Juliet because it's all about forbidden love and how two people are basically screwed for loving each other.

What I disliked about this book:
Huh... the pacing wasn't consistent. The beginning started off so interesting and I could've sworn that I was going to love this book, but the entire middle was just blah. The ending was definitely the most interesting part, so I might give Stargazer a chance, but who knows? Maybe, maybe not.

Verdict:
I thought it was okay...

The next book in the series is Stargazer, and like I said I might read it, but I'm not in any rush. 









2 TARGETS!



Excerpt:

"I believe it, Lucas," I whispered. We'd find each other once more, and all I had to do was endure it until that day came. Someday Lucas and I would find a way to be together again.

I folded the card against my chest. I'd burn it in a few minutes - but not yet, not just yet.

Page: 327

Carmen Shaw

Developer

Carmen N. Shaw is currently a biology major at Georgia State University. She is the owner and developer of the book blog, Understanding Carmen's Story.

1 comment:

  1. I thought the same thing when I read it. I've read Stargazer also. It is a bit better, but the pace is still kind of all over the place.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, it makes me smile! So go on and make my day by commenting :)