Shelf Candy Saturday #2

by 12:58 PM 7 comments
Shelf Candy Saturday is a weekly meme hosted by Five Alarm Books! It gives you the chance to showcase books that have caught your attention in some way!








Why it's shelf candy:

Okay, this book is just plain... pretty. Everything about it screams enchanting! This cover does exactly what a cover is suppose to do; it gives you a glimpse into the book and does it in such a particular way that it makes you crave this book until you have it in your hands, ready to read it and get lost in it. I especially love how the vines look like they're framing the girl and the background, making it seem like there is a world within the cover. I also love how well the name Dixon goes with this book cover. Random, I know. Here me out, Dixon reminds me a lot of dixie, which reminds me of pixie, which reminds me of fairy tales, which this book seems like. Catch my drift?

And how could I forget the girl in the beautiful dress?! It looks like she's running away from something, or to something. I'd like to think it's away from something because that's more romantic and tragic, and maybe as she's running away she stumbles upon the huge castle that's in the background? Hmm... these are the questions that haunt me! Both the dress and the magical castle remind me of something ethereal, and otherworldly. Gosh, I so badly want to be apart of that world :)

Carmen Shaw

Developer

Carmen N. Shaw is currently a biology major at Georgia State University. She is the owner and developer of the book blog, Understanding Carmen's Story.

7 comments:

  1. I love the vines too :D And the girl! It's such a pretty cover!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Shae!

    Oh, I was going to feature this cover, possibly next week...and you beat me to it! Lol. Well, I might feature it anyway, but later on down the road.

    This is one of the most GORGEOUS covers I've ever seen on a book, and yes, it made me crave the book so much I bought it online, several months ago! Although I haven't read it yet, I'm hoping to get to it some time this year...

    This cover has a very magical feel to it. As you mentioned in your analysis of it, the viewer feels pulled into a very special, enchanting world. That castle in the background...I want to go there! It seems as if the girl had been walking through the forest, and suddenly noticed the castle through an opening in the trees.

    That dress...oh, my gosh!! I want it!!! I think any girl would want to wear a dress like this! It looks like a blossoming flower! Lovely!!

    Thanks for sharing such a GREAT cover!! : )

    Maria @ http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the vines!! How could I have neglected to mention them? Without them, this cover would not have as much of that wonderful magical feel!! Those vines are an added beautiful visual element!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a favorite of mine. I am a fan of big gaudy ball gowns and the scenery and overlay is awesome. Thanks for featuring it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, that is definite Shelf Candy! What a gorgeous cover, I love everything about it - the overlay especially. Great pick!

    Stephanie @Stepping Out of the Page

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower here. :) Not only love the cover, adored this book! Great choice!!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, it makes me smile! So go on and make my day by commenting :)