Review + Excerpt: Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

by 4:02 PM 0 comments

When Brittany Ellis walks into chemistry class on the first day of senior year, she has no clue that her carefully created “perfect” life is about to unravel before her eyes. She’s forced to be lab partners with Alex Fuentes, a gang member from the other side of town, and he is about to threaten everything she's worked so hard for—her flawless reputation, her relationship with her boyfriend, and the secret that her home life is anything but perfect. Alex is a bad boy and he knows it. So when he makes a bet with his friends to lure Brittany into his life, he thinks nothing of it. But soon Alex realizes Brittany is a real person with real problems, and suddenly the bet he made in arrogance turns into something much more.

In a passionate story about looking beneath the surface, Simone Elkeles breaks through the stereotypes and barriers that threaten to keep Brittany and Alex apart.
Overall Thoughts:
This is the kind of book you get when you just want a passionate, quick read! I absolutely devoured this story in one sitting!

Perfect Chemistry is about a white girl named Brittany Ellis who is perceived as "perfect". She's rich, has successful parents, the beauty of an angel, and the kindness to move the devil. She lives on the north side of Chicago, which is where all the "better" people live. All those qualities give her the status of being untouchable, but looks are not always as they seem.

Living on the south side is the total bad boy, Mexican rebel named Alejandro "Alex" Fuentes. He's the complete opposite of Brittany; he's poor, rude, crude, and to top it all off, he's apart of a gang called the Latino Blood. One day, Alex's friends dare him to sleep with Brittany before Thanksgiving Day, and because he has a rep to protect, he doesn't say no. But what happens when he's hit by the unsuspecting force called loved, and their relationship is threatened in more than one way?

What I liked about this book:

The story line is so addictive. I just love the "bad boy falls in love with the good girl" theme, it gets me every single time! And I loved Alex so freaking much! Even though he had his rude moments, I couldn't get enough of him!

What I disliked about this book:

I wasn't as attached to Brittany as I was to Alex. Brittany just seemed kind of... unreal to me and I couldn't really relate to her all that much.

Verdict:

Rules of Attraction (Perfect Chemistry, #2)I zoomed through this book and loved every single page!


The next book is Rules of Attraction and it is already out! I'm reading it now! It's about Alex's younger brother. Dude, how epic... 
4 TARGETS!

Excerpt:

I drive into the high school parking lot with my mind more on my sister than on the road. My wheels screech to a stop when I almost hit a guy and a girl on a motorcycle, as she flips me the finger.

She obviously missed the Road Rage lecture in Driver's Ed.

"Sorry," I say loudly so I can be heard over the loud roar of the motorcycle. "It didn't look like anyone was in this spot."

Then I realize who's motorcycle I almost hit. The driver turns around. Angry dark eyes. Red and black bandanna. I sink down into the driver's seat as fast as I can.

"Oh, shit. It's Alex Fuentes," I say, wincing.

Carmen Shaw

Developer

Carmen N. Shaw is currently a biology major at Georgia State University. She is the owner and developer of the book blog, Understanding Carmen's Story.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, it makes me smile! So go on and make my day by commenting :)