Follow Friday #1

by 1:38 AM 11 comments
Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee & Alison Can Read. It's a great way to meet new blogger friends!





Q: What would your prefer: reading your favorite book over and over again until you got sick of it OR reading 100s of mediocre books? And why?

Hard to say... but I'll probably have to go with... reading my favorite book over and over again until I get sick of it. I'd rather get completely enraptured with a rather familiar world than not get enraptured at all. Books are meant to take you away from the real world, so much so that you're suspended in another. If a book is mediocre, I'll never be taken away, not really. So then, reading becomes pointless in a way. Granted, I will get tired of reading any book, if I were to read it over and over again, but eh *shurgs*. I don't know! I'm an indecisive bugger! Sue me!

Carmen Shaw

Developer

Carmen N. Shaw is currently a biology major at Georgia State University. She is the owner and developer of the book blog, Understanding Carmen's Story.

11 comments:

  1. New follower! I hope you enjoy Glass Houses. Have you read Vampire Academy? I enjoyed it more than the Morganville Vamp series. Looking forward to your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll go with my favorite too, and I know I won't get sick of it :)

    New follower here! :)

    my #FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd read my favorite book over and over and over!

    New follower! Here's my Follow Friday Post

    Happy weekend!
    -JoAnne @ The Fairytale Nerd

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking only for me, I would choose to read 100's of mediocre books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed! I'd go with my favorites, too. :)

    I'm a follower. :)

    http://notjustnonsense.blogspot.com/2012/02/ff-feature-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you - really? I'd rather neither. LOL! But I think I'd get so sick of the same book over and over.


    Stop by and see my TGIF / Follow Friday for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I chose re-reading my favorite over and over.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. New follower.
    Waiting For Wentworth

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah I know what you mean this is a hard question to completely take one side on! I really like your reasoning though, I too would rather be enraptured by a world I already know than not at all! New Follower

    My FF post: http://epiloguereview.blogspot.com/2012/02/feature-and-follow-friday.html

    My Giveaway: http://epiloguereview.blogspot.com/2012/02/second-giveaway-ebook-of-become-by-ali.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopping through. New follower! I agree with you on re-reading fav books.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good answer! My fear is ever getting sick of my favorite reads. :Gasp!: :) Thank you for hopping by for FF!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, it makes me smile! So go on and make my day by commenting :)