Shelf Candy Saturday #1

by 2:35 PM 6 comments

Shelf Candy Saturday is a weekly meme hosted by Five Alarm Books! It gives you the chance to showcase books that have caught your attention in some way!







Why it's shelf candy:

I was instantly mesmerized when I first caught sight of this beautiful cover! It's easily one of the most amazing covers I've ever seen! I love the dark feel it has to it, and I'm a huge fan of strong main characters! And this girl, with the shiny silver hair, golden tattoos, and metallic dress, seems to be the strongest of them all! When I read the summary, I knew this book was going on my to-be-read list! Listen to this:

The lacy gold mapped her entire body. A finely-wrought filigree of stars, vines, flowers, butterflies, ancient symbols and words ran from her feet, up her legs, over her narrow waist, spanned her chest and finished down her arms to the tips of her fingers.
Born into a life of secrets and service, Chrysabelle’s body bears the telltale marks of a comarrĂ©—a special race of humans bred to feed vampire nobility.

Dude... how epic! And yes, I'll give you a minute so you can add it to your TBR list as well :)

Carmen Shaw

Developer

Carmen N. Shaw is currently a biology major at Georgia State University. She is the owner and developer of the book blog, Understanding Carmen's Story.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Thanks for including the written description too - it really adds to it. The gold is especially gorgeous against her silver skin and hair.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this cover. I haven't read the book yet, but I have heard that the ribbon and the gold markings tie into the story. The graphics that frame the cover are incredible. Thank you for sharing your Shelf Candy post and welcome!
    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh!! This cover is amazing for so many reasons!! I love the different colors, how she is so much lighter than the rest of the cover, and how it looks like she is being framed by the rest of the cover. Great choice!
    Stephanie @Steph's Book Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, there!

    I'm now following your beautiful blog! And I love the cover you've picked for this week's Shelf Cancy! I agree with you about the dark feel making it so stunning. Everything about it is amazing -- from the detailed filigree along the sides, to the red ribbon and red roses, to the silver-haired girl... This is a GREAT choice! Thanks for featuring it!! : )

    Maria @ http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I love how accurate the cover is to the description. It's so beautiful as well and I love the simple colour scheme.

    Thanks for stopping by Project to be Read :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cover choice! I adore all the covers in this series (even though I haven't actually read them yet). They're just so pretty and eye-catching.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, it makes me smile! So go on and make my day by commenting :)